Your smile is an important part of who you are. Take good care of your teeth to decrease the chance of gum disease, tooth decay and cavities. By maintaining healthy teeth, you improve your appearance, promote good overall health and even increase your chances of career success.
To make sure your whole family gets to enjoy the benefits of a healthy smile, find a qualified dentist who can provide excellent treatment for every family member. Here’s how to research family dentists in the Denver area to ensure you make a good choice.
Search Within Your Insurance Network
First things first – if you have dental insurance, make sure you pick a dentist in your insurance network. Failure to take this into account could result in high out-of-pocket costs alongside pointless monthly premiums.
Evanson DDS is a premier provider for Delta Dental. We don’t accept Medicare or Medicaid at this time, but our flexible payment plans and self-pay rates make it easier for everyone to afford dental work at our office.
Compare Family Dentists Online
The web is the easiest place to compare various dental practitioners. Rule out any that don’t have a license to practice dentistry in Colorado as well as any with unresolved malpractice or disciplinary actions on their record.
Ask Friends for Recommendations
Once you have a list of reputable family dentists in your insurance network, ask around to find out if any of your friends, family, neighbors or coworkers have any recommendations – or warnings about who to avoid. Their experiences can help you make a good selection for your family.
The American Dental Association suggests meeting with multiple dentists before settling on one for your family. This gives you a chance to see and compare facilities in person. You can also speak with staff members about any questions or concerns you may have. The way you’re treated when you visit the dentist office for the first time is a good indicator of how future visits will go.
At Evanson DDS, our helpful staff will answer your questions and treat your concerns with the utmost respect. Our state-of-the-art facility provides top-notch dental care for your whole family.
Consider Other Characteristics
After completing each of the above steps, you may still have a handful of reputable dentists on your list. Your final considerations should involve making sure the dentist can meet your logistical needs. Find out the answers to the following questions:
- Are the office hours convenient for your schedule? Evanson DDS is open from 8 am to 5 pm Monday, Tuesday and Thursday; 7 am to 2 pm Wednesday; and 9 am to 1 pm Friday.
- Is the dentist located close to your home or work? We are located at 17167 Cedar Gulch Parkway #202 in Parker for convenient access from Highlands Ranch, Aurora, Castle Rock and Lone Tree.
- What type of anesthesia does the dentist offer? While many of our treatment options don’t require it, we offer local anesthesia, nitrous oxide and IV sedation to ensure optimal comfort for our patients.
- How does the dentist handle emergencies? We will work you or your child into the schedule for a same-day visit whenever possible. If you have a dental emergency outside regular business hours, call our office at (720) 409-0008 to receive Dr. Evanson’s emergency contact number.
- Are fees and payment plans presented before a treatment begins? We inform you of all costs before administering treatment so you know exactly what to expect. Because insurance coverage varies, we can only estimate the coverage you will receive.
- What is the dentist’s policy on missed appointments? We request you provide at least 24-hour notice if you must cancel an appointment. After missing two appointments without advanced notification, you will be subject to an additional fee.
We’re proud to offer high-tech family and cosmetic dentistry to patients in the Parker area. To learn more about our services, or to schedule a consultation, please contact Evanson DDS online or call (720) 409-0008.Leave a reply →